Friday, April 25, 2008

Living With Good Health

I do apologise for the long gap in posting to this blog, but time got away from me with so many other things going on that I just didn't have the time. So moving on from the previous post Health Show Source Today Crohns Disease, (ok, ignore the christmas one) where we looked at getting a natural cure for Crohns Disease, we'll get back on track and talk about health.

Health in general from a natural standpoint. Actually I want to talk about your health by mentioning an affliction that I have overcome through taking responsibility for my own well being.

Gout has plagued me since my early 30s along with arthritis but I did manage to beat that almost 99% of the way. I still get the odd twinge of pain here and there, but on the whole, I'm fully mobile, can take the dogs for long walks in the countryside, work on building sites and do gardening as well as still play my guitar / thankfully my finger were never affected.

But most of my problems were in my feet, ankles and knees and also in my spine.

Those problems have been dealt with using only natural cures that are available for anyone who wants to take responsibility for their own health. I changed my diet to cut out all junk food, red meat, fizzy drinks and a whole host of other bad stuff that I didn't really need. I cut down on alcohol, stopped smoking and took more exercise.

Now I lead as normal a life as most moderately fit and healthy 48 year olds.

So getting healthy and overcoming something like arthritis naturally without resorting to drugs is really a state of mind. You have to be determined to get well and be healthy and you have to take responsibility for doing that yourself. It also helps to watch your weight, so if you can lose weight in your lunch break, then there are many ways to do that. You could even look at the possibilities of using herbs for weight loss as whatever works for you has to be good.

And therein lies the main problem. Most people do not want to take responsibility for their health, which is absolutely crazy, but there it is. Most people would rather go see their doctor and have him or her prescribe some magic pill to make them better.

How gullible human beings can be!

While doctors do a lot of good and I'm not bashing the medical profession at all here, I'm annoyed that so many people just will not admit to themselves that the reason they are unwell is mainly down to the lifestyle they lead. So when they get sick, they expect their poor doctor to come up with the solution for them every time. Often, doctors are exasperated at the sheer stupidity of some people.

Take the habitual drunk who spends more of his conscious time inebriated than sober, then after 20 years of this abuse, he feels sick and sees his doctor who tells him if he doesn't stop drinking he will kill himself. The drunk doesn't want to hear this. he wants to hear that he is just a little under the weather and can the doctor please give him some pills to make him feel better.

Think I'm, making that up?

Nope. It happens more than you realize and not just for drunks, but for drug takers, fast food addicts, smokers, in fact anyone who abuses their body and expects to stay healthy for alll of their lives.

The only way to get healthy and stay healthy is to take responsibility for your own health.

If you smoke, quit smoking.

If you drink too much, quit drinking.

If you take drugs, stop taking them.

If you eat nothing but junk food, swicth your diet to good wholesome, home cooked food.

If you sit around all day on a computer then go and sit on the sofa and watch TV when your finished, get up off your lazy behind and get outside and walk fast for half an hour or so. If you have dogs, they really are your best friend as they'll save your life by making you walk them for exercise.

There are so many things you can do to fix your problem but you have to do it for yourself as no one else can do it for you.

So there.

Terry Didcott
My Health Today

No comments:

Post a Comment